8th Day Adventure is a dynamic community of like-minded people who enjoy an active lifestyle. Having identified and successfully carved a niche for ourselves in the London and South East market, we have now developed and embarked on an ambitious plan for transforming 8th Day Adventure into a global experience-sharing platform and active-lifestyle marketplace.
We are now in the process of raising investment, after which we will be aiming to grow quickly. We have already had interest from appropriate potential partners.
To enable this growth and to move on with investment talks, the company seek a talented and entrepreneurial Lead Developer to devise and run a platform that will underpin the client experience, booking capabilities, administrative processes and business analytics. You will play a critical role in establishing a technology road map, choosing appropriate platform(s), leading a team of technologists and working with external partners and outsourced service providers. This is a hands-on role in a growing company that requires the candidate to take both a helicopter view and to execute.
In addition to the appropriate technical skills, we are seeking someone who will understand the vision we have and be able to contribute to this through your technical insight, and who is passionate about finding ways for new technology to improve our product for our community.
Please note this role is dependent on successful fundraising. We don’t expect the successful candidate to work for us prior to this, though we will expect you to take time to understand our vision and how you might accomplish this, and to attend appropriate investor meetings. In return, we will offer an attractive salary upon investment, alongside equity in the company. Therefore, this would suit someone looking to immerse themselves in a product that could reap highly attractive long-term rewards.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Reporting to the CTO, the Lead Developer will play a key role in identifying innovative technologies that enable the company’s strategy and services. He or she will work with the senior leadership team to develop a technology vision.
* Translate the technology vision into actionable work packages.
* Execute on identified work packages independently or in cooperation with outsourcing partners, such as web development agencies.
* Act as interface to external partners and validate their work
* Work with key stakeholders on identifying a CRM solution for the business.
* Develop and implement standards/processes to keep company and client information secure.
* Identify competitive advantages and technological trends for the benefit of a company
Qualifications and Skills
* Vision and skill to develop user centric web experiences and mobile applications
* Be aware and knowledgeable across various applications/systems like DBs, accounting systems, booking systems, CRM and their integration.
* Excellent written & oral Communication Skills
* Stakeholder management and vendor management skills
* Proven track record as a Team Builder and significant experience of leading and developing a start-up
* Experience in the travel industry or with travel platforms is a plus
* An interest in sport and adventure desirable but not essential
For further information or to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org